Tuesday 16 March 2010

Why I'm studying CFA Level 1

Hello my name is Stuart Empson and I’d like to introduce my CFA® Level I study blog, towards the June 2010 exam.

I work for 7city Learning as a Business Development Manager. 7city are a global financial training company and part of my decision for studying the CFA Program is to help me to provide better consultative advice to my clients, by obtaining the broad body of financial markets knowledge the CFA Program demands.

I have been studying for a couple of months now, but nevertheless I wanted to start this blog to see if it can provide a useful, first-hand insight into how I’m trying to ‘beat’ that 34% global pass rate. I also wanted to share the technical challenges of the material I’ll be facing, the amount of study hours I’m having to put in each week, and the methods I’m using within those study hours to overcome the challenges faced.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and it proves a useful experience in either helping to decide whether or not to take the CFA Program, or if you are also going through the misery – it is perhaps a good way to share study approaches with you that are working for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment